You are probably tired of all those „appreciate each other, open your heart to his needs, understand him” and some other bulls**t articles. Let me tell you right now, you won’t be hearing that from me. First of all, if you don’t do that stuff in the first place, then get yourself a new partner hun. Second of all, lost romance is a result of a routine. Maybe you two just don’t have any new ideas anymore, or maybe you didn’t pay attention to the lacking of romance up until now. Maybe you even got so much used to each other that you feel like you’ve been together since the first days of your lives. Whatever it is, I’m not a couple therapist, and you don’t need one anyway, you two are fine. You just need some fun and new ideas to try out.
Start a new activity together
Calm down I didn’t say take pottery classes together (unless you want to of course). There are many different activities you two can do beside those stereotypical ones.
Couple boxing class
Most women will think: boxing? No, why would I do that? But when they go there with their partner they will feel secure and ready to rumble. Picture this: just you two in a ring with shorts on and boxing gloves. You start „fighting” and then you end up laughing, kissing and having fun. And not to mention that it is always a great idea to learn something new, especially the martial arts. You can even make a bet out of this, for example, the person who loses is making dinner that night.
Couple dance class
This is the tricky one when it comes to guys. I don’t know why, but 90 percent of them HATE dancing – while their girlfriends/wives love it. I’m sorry fellas, but some compromises need to be made. Even if you feel like your moves are trash, you will learn eventually, and you will have so much fun together. Not to mention that dancing is one of the best forms of exercise.
Cocktail mixing class
There is nothing more fun than alcohol. And is there anything better than learning to make most delicious cocktails by yourself? Not only you will be able to impress all your friends, you will also have so much fun together. Combine alcohol mixology with an empty house with only you two in it and a loud music, and you will have more fun than you would have in any bar in the world.
Go camping for a weekend
Oh yes, you heard me. No WiFi, no TV, no room service. Just you two, fire, tent (or a car) and a sky full of stars to stare at. There is nothing that brings people close like nature does. You will reconnect with the Earth, but also with each other. You can go for walks, hike, explore, cook, cuddle, play games, whatever you like.
Surprise him/her every day
Be spontaneous a little bit. Every day do something nice for your partner – it doesn’t have to be something big. Just something that makes him feel loved and important. For example, make a romantic dinner, buy some flowers, send him/her a long good morning text while you’re at work, bring her/him a small stuffed animal etc. Romance should be embraced every day, not just for Valentine’s day.
Spice up your sex life
Let’s be honest here, one of the biggest reasons for lacking romance is the routine in between the sheets. Unless you’re switching it up often with an unusual accessory or a different position then it’s very possible to get bored. And that is totally normal thing to happen, but when you come to the realization that it happened, you need to change it. There are many different ways to do so:
- Visit an adult store together and try out some new „toys” and costumes
- Make a deal that, whenever one of you thinks about another one, you text, call or E-mail him/her just to tell them that.
- Make an entire house your bed – basically have sex in any room except the bedroom.
- Try a different pose every day,
- Try something exotic for starters. If you are into foreplay, then you can choose from a a huge selection of exotic sex toys (like tail plugs) that can increase sexual pleasures.
- Make your lunch hour – quickle hour – find a way to get together while you are at your lunch breaks and just do it
- Hide each others cell phones for 5 hours and turn off al the electronics – you will thank me later
- Play a sexy game, like sexopoly for example
- Leave sexy signals for each other like in Carolyn Evans book Forty Beads . The trick is simple, give your partner a sack of beads and whenever he puts one on your nightstand, you two need to have sex within the next 24 hours. Trust me, it’s so much hotter than: „You wanna do it?”
- Incorporating sex toys during intimacy every once in a while may also liven up your bedroom antics. Regardless of whether you decide to compare and contrast the likes of sex swings and slings before purchasing, every little helps when it comes to improving your overall sex life.
Go „back in time”
Think. Try to remember how it looked when you two started. Where did you usually go? How long did it take you to get ready for him/her? Of course, there is no such thing as a time machine to take you both back in time, but you can actually recreate the old times. Get together on your old spot, it can be a bench in the park where you used to sit on, a coffee shop you always went to etc. Also, you both get ready like it is your first date – visit a hairdresser, put on some makeup and perfume etc.
Daniel Wallen – Go to these 10 couple classes
Ayana Byrd – 17 ways you and your husband can spice up your sex life